Joe Biden released his gun safety plan. Below are some highlights, printed verbatim.
- Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines
- Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act.
- Reduce stockpiling of weapons. In order to reduce the stockpiling of firearms, Biden supports legislation restricting the number of firearms an individual may purchase per month to one.
- Require background checks for all gun sales.
- End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts.
- Incentivize state “extreme risk” laws.
- Give states incentives to set up gun licensing programs. Biden will enact legislation to give states and local governments grants to require individuals to obtain a license prior to purchasing a gun.
- Establish a new Task Force on Online Harassment and Abuse to focus on the connection between mass shootings, online harassment, extremism, and violence against women.
- Put America on the path to ensuring that 100% of firearms sold in America are smart guns.
- Hold adults accountable for giving minors access to firearms. Biden supports legislation holding adults criminally and civilly liable for directly or negligently giving a minor access to a firearm, regardless of whether the minor actually gains possession of the firearm.
- Require gun owners to safely store their weapons. Biden will pass legislation requiring firearm owners to store weapons safely in their homes.
- Stop “ghost guns.”
Send this far and wide to everyone you know. Trump supporters, moderates, gun owners, non-gun owners, liberals, everyone. This radical and incredibly unrealistic plan should be DOA to every living American who loves freedom.